Come On In
Same Name, Same Location Since 1938
In 1890 the Central Hotel opened at 111. South Elson Street in Kirksville, Missouri. The hotel hosted 35 sleeping rooms and a dining room that could serve up to 50 guests. In 1909 the hotel was sold and converted to a luxury hotel under a new name- The Central Hotel. A fire in 1913 prompted a short closure and the hotel operated under multiple different names until the late 1950s. In 1938 a little bar named The DuKum Inn opened on the bottom floor of the hotel. While the hotel eventually closed, the bar remained open and continues to operate with the same name, at the same location since 1938. There have been a handful of owners throughout the years - in 1986 Craig Shorten purchased The DuKum Inn.